Indie Game: The Movie - Netflix Hidden Gem Surprises

I'm usually not someone who regularly seeks out documentaries. I wish I was, but the sad truth is that I just don't have the patience to deal with many of them. This is a problem I have, and it's something I should work on, because I feel like I could really learn a lot if I would just learn to appreciate the entertainment value of documentaries.

That being said, I watched Indie Game: The Movie once I saw it had been put on Netflix, because I'm a gamer, and I've always been fascinated about the ins and outs of how the video game development industry works. In this case, the movie focuses on the indie side of the industry.

Instead of seeing thousands of people working on games, in this movie we see the artistic qualities of one or two people working on games. This means that these people are required to put their heart and souls into these games, and you can definitely see the toll it takes on them.

This movie is so much more than a movie about video games. It's a movie on the artistic process, and the idea that when you're truly, truly committed to something, you really have to do everything you can in life to make sure that it's completed.

Add it to your queue if you've ever played a video game before, as this is something you're going to want to see. I really think this made me appreciate video games that much more.

Watch the movie on Netflix Instant, streaming here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great movie! Gonna check it out tonight!

Anonymous said...

I was expecting something quite more than I found in this movie. From what I watched, it was a lot of people complaining that nobody understand them mixed with equal parts of people bragging that they don't care if nobody understands them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!