American Horror Story: Netflix Streaming Surprises

American Horror Story is the first "mystery" type of TV show I've allowed myself to get into since the end of Lost. If you know me, you know how much Lost affected me in a detrimental way. That being, I was so disappointed in the way that it turned out (meaning, the lack of answering questions) that I basically decided to not let myself get into another similar type show again.

If you know me you also know that I'm a pretty avid horror fan, and the concept of a TV show following some sort of horror theme was very intriguing to me. I can't really think of a time that this has been successfully done off the top of my head. So I gave American Horror Story a chance.

And I loved it. I loved almost everything about this show, and I could never wait to watch the next episode. Yes, the mythos of the 'haunted house' might not have answered all my questions by the end of the first season (the show is an anthology - every season is a new 'American Horror Story') but I thought the acting, plot development, and overall story arch were just phenomenal for a horror-based TV show.

Not to mention, this show had some very scary sequences. Season 1 had some exceptionally thrilling sequences, and some that were simply disturbing. Either way, a lot of things happen that will keep you unsettled when you're going to bed at night (in a good way).

I started this blog post talking about Lost because that's the only show I can think to really capably compare this to. It's a show that's centered around one setting (house vs. island), with many mysteries involved in that setting, with great acting. Things happen so fast that you're glued to your TV (or computer) and want to just continue watching.

This is one of those TV shows that I definitely recommend watching with a friend, because it's certainly fun to talk about what YOU think is happening.

Add it to your queue here!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!