The Thing: Netflix Streaming Surprises

I don't care that many of you have heard, seen, and watched this movie. Many of you, many times. With the weather changing to become more and more Autumn-y, I can't help but become more and more excited for October and Halloween season, and I'm already really getting for the time of year when it's socially-expected to be obsessed with horror films. It's the best time of the year!

The Thing was "re-made" about a year ago. Now, I know it was supposed to be a "prequel," but for all intents and purposes it was trying its best to be a remake of the John Carpenter version of The Thing.

My problem with this new version, is that the entire time I was watching the movie, I couldn't stop thinking about how much I'd simply rather be watching the John Carpenter version. I literally almost stopped watching the movie and started watching this version instead because I actually enjoy it so much.

The Thing might be the perfect horror film. It unites all sorts of genres together (most notably sci-fi and horror) and really knows how to build the tension in all the right ways. It also doesn't have any corny/cheesy CGI that just comes off so badly in so many science fiction movies today - instead Carpenter decided to use a form of real-life animatronics that just comes off as more 'real' that anything I really see in film today.

This version of The Thing has literally my favorite scene in any movie ever (if you're a fan of the movie, you probably know exactly which scene I'm talking about) and that scene alone (it's high-tension), is often one of the only reasons I need to get out the movie and watch it again.

I love it, and I know you will too, if you're a fan of science fiction and/or horror movies. Watch the movie on Netflix streaming here!

4 comments:

Sean said...

Actually, it's a prequel. It ends where John Carpenter's version begins.

Taylor said...

Correct you are, thanks. Already fixed in the post.

Anonymous said...

Finally a person that puts some real work into a blog. I do like what you have done with the blog.

Anonymous said...

i always knew you didnt care about us or what we think. now we have your written admission!

ODDDDDDDDD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!