Haywire: Netflix Streaming Surprises

I went into Haywire not really knowing anything about it, short of knowing that it was a Steven Soderbergh film (who, at least in my opinion, can be pretty hit or miss).

The movie itself starts off rather slowly for the first couple of minutes. There are a lot of establishing shots that I wasn't really sure about. Very quickly, you realize that it was trying to set a mood of solemnity, as before you know it, the action begins to pulsate.

What I love about this movie is the fact that it was able to have very real action scenes (or, more accurately described, fight scenes) that didn't seem forced and you could actually tell what was going on.

I've never really been a fan of Kung Fu type movies because to me, I've always found myself finding the fighting to be a little hyperbolic and generally filled with a sort of sense of humor about itself. I liked that this movie never at any point in time drew a level of comedy, and was able to stick to a serious tone in every element.

There are a lot of lulls in the movie on a first run-through, but I think a lot of that had to do with the fact that I was pretty confused as to what was actually going on in the story. I think that if I watched it again, I'd understand a lot more and it would probably run a lot more fluidly.

Either way, if you're a fan of fighting movies, I couldn't really recommend a better film to watch right now. If you're a fan of the Bourne movies, you'll probably really enjoy this as well, as it gives off a very similar vibe.

Click to watch the movie on Netflix streaming here!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!