Pontypool - Netflix Streaming Hidden Gem Surprises

As I've said repeatedly on this blog, one of my favorite types of movies is where you put a group of characters in a room, and see what happens when chaos tears society apart (or just makes it so that the characters themselves are, in seclusion, forced to interact only with one another).

I think this genre is fascinating in the way it forces actors to actually act without any sort of action getting in the way. This might make me sound a little artsy-fartsy, but I don't care. I really do enjoy good acting.

Pontypool is a take on this type of movie in a way I've really never seen before. The movie is about a talk radio host, whom, in the midst of the chaos outside the building, stays on the air, and reports the goings-on of... what's happening.

I don't want to give too much away, but this is the kind of movie that you really have to have a sort of imagination to watch. The storytelling is phenomenal, and it's such an exciting new direction for this genre to go.

Go into it not really expecting a lot of action, and you'll be thrilled by the way in which you're actually thrilled. I really did enjoy it and I think, if you're a horror fan, you will too. Go add it to your queue!

Watch the movie on Netflix streaming here!

2 comments:

Cindy Dy said...

I really like your blog. You have a sense of humor and very informative article. Thank you for sharing. Keep up the good work.

Cara
www.gofastek.com

Leslie Lim said...

I have a great fun reading your blogs. You are really a great writer. Thank you for making this beautiful and awesome blogs. Hope to read more post from you in the future. Please dont forget to visit me in my site @ www.imarksweb.org. Thank you.


Rica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!