Adaptation: Netflix Streaming Surprises

Click to watch the movie on Netflix streaming here!

Adaptation is the kind of movie where, if I want to try to explain to people my favorite kind of movie, this is near the top as to my go-tos in that conversation.

Adaptation is a Charlie Kaufman movie, and if you don't like Charlie Kaufman by now, you probably aren't going to like this movie. Charlie Kaufman has a distinct style to his writing - that being weird. Not in a weird sense that nothing makes sense, but in a "who would have ever thought of writing this type of a movie?" sense. Charlie Kaufman is probably most famous for his writing of Being John Malkovich, but trust me, this is a few levels lower on the hierarchy of weirdness. Meaning it's not THAT weird.

It's not even really weird at all. I mean, the storytelling is done in a fascinating way, but not in any sort of confusing or creepy manner. No, it's moreso a fun, adventure-type film that has a lot of layers of complexity, adding together to be an entanglement of self-awareness and plot-driven character development.

I sound like I'm spouting a lot of hot air at this point, and I don't want to ruin anything in the movie for you. So if you haven't seen this movie, you need to stream it as soon as possible! It's a great film, and, like I said, one of my favorites.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

GAAAHhh this is not a surprise. its a famous movie. you would list french fries as a top five surprising food you find at burger joints.

oD

Anonymous said...

It's not that well-known. I bet if you walked up to 5 strangers on the street, you would be lucky that one knows what you're talking about.

That said, it's a great flick if you like the style. Definitely one that you have to watch more than once to catch the circular references.

Anonymous said...

OD is right. I'm constantly amazed by the "surprises" this guy finds. Has he never seen a review show or picked up an issue of Entertainment Weekly?

Anonymous said...

You might have used your post to describe the film beyond merely gushing. Try it next time.

aislinnleondale said...

i must thank you for the efforts you've put in penning this blog. excellent blog post .

www.n8fan.net

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!