Donnie Darko: Netflix Streaming Surprises

Click here to watch the movie on Netflix Streaming!

Donnie Darko is one of those movies where, no matter how many times you watch it, you'll have trouble completely understanding exactly what's going on.

But I see that as a good thing in a film, unless of course that film is Mulholland Drive (click here to see the comic that started it all!).

Anyway, I remember when Donnie Darko first started to become popular. It was awhile after the movie had hit theaters, and I was watching it on VHS (I think it was VHS) with my friends from high school. The movie finished and we each looked at each other and said, "Wait, what?"

I then took out a piece of paper and drew a diagram of what I thought had really taken place in the movie, and after I was done with it, I realized that this movie had an incredible amount of depth and reasoning to everything that took place.

The movie itself is about a boy who is having a lot of troubles in school and at home. He's dealing with a lot of issues, and in order to deal with it, he's lashing out in ways that are completely unexpected.

This movie, if you haven't guessed it by now, is a psychological thriller, so if you're not a fan of that type of movie, you're definitely going to want to stray away. If though, you ARE a fan of psychological thrillers, there's little to no chance you haven't seen this movie already, so this entire blog post is probably a waste of time.

Either way, I think you should watch this movie because it's one of my all-time favorites and it's amazing. The ending song captures the theme of the movie perfectly. Add it to your queue!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha praising the non-understandability of donnie darko while slagging mulholland drive.

you suck at watching movies kid

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!