True Grit: Netflix Streaming Surprises

Click to watch the movie on Netflix streaming here!

This film, in my opinion, had the Best Picture award stolen from it in the Oscars in the year of its release. True Grit is not only the best western I've ever seen, but it's also one of the best films I've seen in quite awhile.

Obviously, any movie by the Coen Brothers is going to likely be exceptional, but there was something about this film that really made me like it even more than say, something like No Country for Old Men in terms of that whole "best picture" quality.

This movie is stacked with great actors: Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon, Josh Brolin, and a very surprising Hailee Steinfeld, who all but steals the show.

What I love about this movie, is (and I know this sound simple and stupid) the way everybody talks. There's an overall fun level of diction that's used throughout this movie that just makes you feel like you've sped to the past, and are actually completely enthralled in the time of the story.

The acting is great, and it has that whole Coen Brothers wittiness that has its way of taking a serious tone every year or so. This one hits on all cylinders and it's great.

If for some reason you haven't seen this film yet, now's your chance! It's a great movie to watch, even if you're not a big fan of westerns. Really, I think this movie should have won Best Picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok now you're just messing with me. this is not a surprise. it was made by the coen brothers and nominated for best picture. just stop.

Anonymous said...

I think the movie itself isn't a surprise but the fact it's on Netflix WI is.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!