Peep Show: Netflix Hidden Gems Surprises

Click to watch this hidden gem on Netflix streaming here!

I've never been one to be too keen on British humor (or 'humour') but within the past couple months, I'm beginning to like it more and more. Peep Show has a lot to do with this.

I had a lot of trouble watching The Office UK. There's something about watching characters dealing with extremely social awkward situations that can make me, myself, feel extremely awkward while watching. I know it's probably cliche at this point to call this out as a problem, but I can honestly say that this is one of my problems (or has been one of my problems) with British humor until lately.

I checked this show out, and this show really seems to have been my gateway drug to being able to watch and enjoy that "awkward British humor" thing I'm talking about.

Peep Show is a very interesting idea for a show. Besides the fact that the show is about two boring characters going through their everyday life, the show is called "Peep Show" because every single camera angle is supposed to be from the vantage point of one of the characters. Seriously, every single scene is seen from the eyes of one of the characters.

Now, this might seem like it wouldn't work, or would be awkward (ha), but it really makes for a cool show. Not only do we get to see from the characters' point of view, but we also get to hear their inner-monologue. This is such a cool way to tell stories that I can't believe hasn't really been done before.

Along with all of this, the show is very funny. So yeah, you should check it out, especially if you're a fan of British humour. Add it to your queue!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This series took a bit of patience to acclimate to. Once I did, I watched (and laughed at loud at) every single episode. Also excellent is the Mitchell and Webb Look featuring the two principals. Highly recommended!

Taylor said...

Very well said, Anon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!