The Making of South Park: 6 Days to Air: Netflix Surprises

Click to watch it streaming on Netflix Instant here!

I'm a huge fan of South Park, and I've always wanted to look into the world of Trey and Matt, so this was the perfect (mini) documentary to watch.

I saw commercials for this a few weeks back playing on Comedy Central, and I was furious with myself when I realized I'd forgotten to DVR it. I was very happy to see it become available on Netflix Instant Watch.

Anyway, this mini-doc (I say that because I'm pretty sure it doesn't even break an hour) shows the process that Trey Parker and Matt Stone have to go through each week to get an episode on the air. Unlike most (all?) other cartoon shows on national television, they don't take nine months to write, script, draw, animate, and broadcast a show. They do it in about six days.

This documentary shows the process behind one show, but it demonstrates the immense amount of effort that goes into that one show. It's amazing, and it's nothing short of astonishing that they repeat it every single week.

If you're a fan of South Park, or Trey Parker/Matt Stone, this is definitely worth checking out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's no longer available??

Anonymous said...

just wanted to say thank you! found so many awesome movies I totally woulda missed if it wasn't for this site, specially rubber that was a total gem. anyway thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this was gone before I got a chance to watch it. Bummer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!