GoldenEye: Netflix Streaming Surprises

Watch the film on Netflix streaming here!

Now, I'm not the biggest 007 fan. I've only seen four or five of them, and the ones I've seen are from the past 10 years or so (aka the beginning of the Brosnan era).

I've always found the 007 to be a little too cheesy, and therefore just kind of stupid. That being said, GoldenEye works on all the things that made the 007 cheesiness work, and it worked well.

If you're a normal human being, you played the Nintendo 64 game of the same title, and if you're like me, you might have even played the game before watching the movie. Doing that made watching the movie a surreal experience (honestly, at the time I didn't even know that it WAS a movie - I thought it was just a game).

I really loved and still love this movie, but honestly I don't know if I'm able to look at it in an unbiased manner. Alec Trevelyan is one of my favorite bad guys ever, and I loved the dichotomy of two special agents having to fight one another throughout the film.

There's something about this movie that pushes itself over the top though, in terms of being able to be watched again and again even if ignoring the nostalgia factor. It's a superb 'Bond' film (I know that's not saying much considering how few I've see) but if you have seen many, I'm sure you'll agree that this is one of the best. If you haven't seen it before, just know that it's a fun, exciting action film. Just add it to your queue!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

guys this a huge surprise! good thing we have taylor to point out one of the most succesful movie franchies of all time , as a surprise.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!