Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon: Netflix Hidden Gem Surprises

Click to watch the movie on Netflix streaming here!

It takes a lot for me to find a movie and feel this great about wanting to recommend it as one of the better hidden gems on Netflix streaming.

My friends and I call October "scary movie month" and try our best to fill as many nights as possible with an assortment horror and terror flicks, and it's always nice to find one that none of us has seen before. This was the case with Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon, and it's a sure thing to be a new addition to the collection that we normally watch every Halloween season.

This movie is great! As the norm of this Netflix streaming blog, I'm not going to indulge too much on the details of the film, because as always, I think that you're going to get more out of it if you watch it for yourself with an open mind, but I will say this: I think this movie is incredibly creative in the sense that Michael Myers, Jason Voorhees, and Freddy Krueger are real people within this film's universe and are referenced frequently (no you don't see them...). The main character in the film looks up to these people as role models, and idolizes them.

This movie is FUNNY. I laughed aloud many times while watching this, and even though it's very funny, it IS indeed a horror film. The only thing I can really think to describe it, is think of Scream in terms of being a satire still being able to successfully work out a scary aspect as well.

You desperately need to watch this movie, I know you'll enjoy it if you're a fan of the horror genre, or are just looking for an intriguing new movie to watch. Add it to your queue!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this movie is good and clever. worth watching. friday the 13th meets "the office"

-odoyle

Anonymous said...

let the record show that on 10/26/11 at 2:20pm. Taylor actually found a hidden gem on Netflix!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!