28 Days: Netflix Streaming Surprises

Click to watch this movie on Netflix streaming here!

Last night I finally got around to watching the Netflix streaming movie, "28 Days."

I didn't really know anything about it, other than the fact that Sandra Bullock was in it (she's on the cover). I try my best to try to ignore what a movie's about, so I was pretty shocked to discover almost right off the bat that this entire movie was essentially set within a rehab center (the cover would imply otherwise).

Anyway, I've heard a lot of people complain that this movie might be a little too on the "preachy" side of things, but to me it had just the right mix of the amount of "oh this sucks" and "oh I'm happy for this person" that you find in most drug-related movies (I'm so great at describing the way I feel, I should become a professional writer!)

Anyway, if it didn't deal with such heavy subject matter, I'd say this movie would almost be a great family movie. But, there is a lot of adult-themed stuff going on (and an f-word), so I wouldn't be so quick to say it'd be good for family night.

All that being said, I really enjoyed the movie. I went into it not expecting much and I was taken away by a relaxing movie that didn't really press my emotions to intensely. I'm usually one to avoid any movie having anything to do with drugs, because they really don't sit well with me on an emotional level (I just feel dirty afterwards, if you know what I mean).

Add this one to your queue and don't look at reviews of it. It's not incredibly dark and serious, but that's what I really enjoyed and took away from it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!