Let Me In: Netflix Streaming Surprises

Click to watch the hidden gem on Netflix streaming here!

Fans of this Netflix blog like to give me a hard time when I watch an American remake version of a movie and not the original, so if you're one of those haters, you're probably going to hate once again on this post.

But I loved Let Me In. I was one of those "ignorant to foreign movies" types who hadn't heard of the original film, "Let the Right One In" (which just so happens to also be available on Netflix streaming), so I was very excited to check out this movie.

The reason for my excitement being so great right off the bat is that I have yet to see anything that Chloe Moretz hasn't been in that hasn't been absolutely awesome in some way or another. She brings some sort of "cool" aspect to movies or shows that I haven't ever seen happen from a young girl before.

Besides Chloe Moretz being in it, I also knew the movie was getting rave reviews from most sources. I was trying my best to ignore them, and in doing so, managed to even ignore the fact that this was a vampire movie.

There's a certain stigma in our society (THANKS, TWILIGHT) that vampire movies cannot be good, but it's apparently not the case. This is a vampire movie, but not a type that I have yet to see.

Let Me In is very well acted. It has great cinematography and style. It's not melodramatic like most (all?) other vampire movies. So if the fact that it's a vampire movie is scaring you off in the slightest, don't let that be the case, because take it from me, it's not like anything you've seen from a vampire movie before.

Add it to your queue if you're interested in watching a movie with a mix of drama and horror. It's a unique film (well, it's a remake of another movie I have yet to see, so not completely unique) with a unique feel. I want to watch it again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched this since it didn't seem like the common vampire movie, which I'm not a fan of. I was pleasantly surprised. It's dark, but I enjoyed it. Chloe Moretz is a great young actress from what I've seen so far.

Anonymous said...

I think the acting of the children in the remake actually surpasses the acting of the original. One of the few remakes I've seen that holds a candle to the original.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!