The Joneses: Netflix Streaming Surprises

Click to watch the movie on Netflix streaming here!

I checked out The Joneses because, growing up an X-Files fan, and currently a Californication fan, I'm obviously a big fan of David Duchovny. It helps that Demi Moore is in this film, because, ignoring the fact that her body is mainly plastic by now, she's hot.

But I really enjoyed this movie. I went in with admittedly rather low expectations (I had accidentally seen Rotten Tomatoes's 61% rating that, while "Fresh," it's not exactly superb), and I came away really feeling good about it the movie as a whole.

The movie centers around a family that has moved to a new town, and they have a downright uncanny ability to have basically unlimited funds to spend on gadgets and toys to show off to their new friends that they're meeting in social circles. This is all good and fun, but this process, as you learn while watching the movie, has consumed their lives to the point that they're hardly a family by the end.

I don't want to give away much more than this, because it's fun to experience movies on your own, without too many spoilers regarding plots. The way I've described it so far, it probably sounds like a full-on drama, but the movie has a lot of really funny aspects to it. It really is more of a dark comedy than anything, as it's really a satire on the consumer lifestyle and big business.

Add it to your queue and at least give it a shot. It may not be one of the more famous titles you'll hear thrown around as a "hidden gem" on Netflix Streaming, but it's absolutely an enjoyable flick if that's what you're looking for.

The question is, can you keep up with the Joneses? AHAHA I'M SO FUNNY

3 comments:

traintraintrain said...

Hahahaha, nobody will EVER call this movie a hidden gem. I feel too mean when I read this blog; I gotta unsubscribe from the RSS feed.

Anonymous said...

I encourage your readers to give this one a shot. It didn't get noticed in the theaters, but it is a good film.

InstaFlicka Podcast said...

I agree. I enjoyed it as well. Love DD.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!