Leaves of Grass: Netflix Hidden Gem Surprises

Click to watch the movie on Netflix streaming here!

I had never heard of Leaves of Grass before seeing it show up on Netflix streaming a week or two ago. This was surprising to me, mainly because I'm usually on the up-and-up on what Edward Norton is doing movie-wise, because he's pretty much my favorite actor.

I queued this up the other night and gave it a shot, not really knowing what it was about or what to expect, only to be flabbergasted by how great it was!

Leaves of Grass mainly stars Edward Norton playing two different characters (who of course, communicate with one another quite a bit during the film). One of the characters is a very straight-edge, regular-speaking, intelligent professor. The other is a large-scale marijuana farmer, with a thick accent. There basically couldn't be anymore dichotomy between the two characters.

I'll be the first to admit that the movie has some strange tonal shifts, and the movie could have probably even done without some extra scenes, but I can honestly say that I really enjoyed this movie. Edward Norton does a superb job at acting as usual, and it really stands forth as a movie that you can watch and really enjoy in terms of its lightheartedness and charisma, despite being such an (presumably) low-budget indie flick.

It was absolutely a Netflix streaming surprise to me; one of the better since I started writing this Netflix blog - and I hope it can be for you too. If you're an Edward Norton fan, this is the kind of movie you'll love, because you really get to see him go all over the place. I loved it and I'd watch it again.

1 comment:

MelissaB said...

I just watched a Netflix steaming movie the other day that I thought was really good-a hidden gem as you called it. It has a 4 star rating so it seems most others really like it, but I'd never heard of it before stumbling on it by accident. The movie is That's What I Am. It's a narrative story, looking back on a boy's 8th grade year. It really reminded me of Stand By Me, the tone of it, not the story itself. If you watch, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Thanks for the blogging, you've directed me to some things I wouldn't have watched otherwise.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!