Top 10 Nostaligia TV Show Cartoons on Netflix - April 2011

I was a child, growing up in the 1990s. Because of this, I feel I was privy to being able to enjoy what some might consider to be the golden age of children's programming.

It was the age in which computer animation hadn't become dominant in television and film yet, as CGI simply couldn't really hold up unless it was something huge like Toy Story.

Nickelodeon was one of my favorite channels growing up, and it was stacked full of amazingly great animated cartoon shows. It's hard to sometimes put my finger on exactly what it was that made so many of these shows so much better than the majority of what's on TV today, but I have to assume it lies somewhere in the slower-paced storytelling and the ability to layer characters with more personality.

Either way, I've listed below what I consider to be the Top 10 shows that I feel super nostalgic about that are available on Netflix streaming. I know for a fact a bunch of you feel the same way about a ton of these shows:


I didn't really grow up watching Blue's Clues, but it was always on in my house (I have a little sister). The rest of the shows were series that I enjoyed thoroughly and loved. Who am I kidding, I STILL LOVE YOU RUGRATS!

PS: But not the latter Rugrats seasons. Only the early ones.

1 comment:

Tim said...

I am not sure who would consider the 1990's the golden age of animation/cartoons. The 80's brought us a lot of great, innovative cartoons. My top 10 in no particular order that are currently on Netflix.

GI Joe A Real American Hero
Transformers (1980's version)
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
She-Ra Princess of Power
Jem and the Holograms
Robotech
Heathcliff
Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends
Spider-Man (1990's version)
Godzilla The Series

And many more recent cartoons have been added, as you mentioned, plus:

Avatar the Last Airbender
GI Joe Renegades
Transformers Prime
My Little Pony Friendship is Magic
and many, many more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!