Parks and Recreation: Netflix Surprises

Click to watch this great show on Netflix here!

Some people might proclaim that there's absolutely no way that Parks and Recreation could be considered a hidden gem to any extent at this point, but I'm going to have to disagree.

With The Office really coming to what feels like a close (Michael Scott leaving and so forth) I know a lot of people irl (in real life, for those less nerdy) who tell me how they're so sad that they won't have The Office for likely much longer. I mean really, do you really see it going on much longer? Scrubs didn't do too well in that last season, did it?

The thing is, as The Office has gone on and on, and the Jim and Pam saga completely became a thing in the distance, I felt the show kind of just droned on. Maybe I'm being a little bit of an Office Hipster in feeling like this, but still, I simply don't enjoy the show as much now as I did in the beginning.

I remember when the first season of Parks and Recreation started playing, I was not impressed. The show seemed like a rehash of The Office (what with the fake camera crew following the characters around and the like) and the characters all seemed contrived and a little forced. I waded through the season (it was very short) and didn't really expect it to be renewed for a second.

To my surprise, it was, and I gave that a shot as well (I was really wanting that replacement to The Office, as you can see). To my dismay, the second season rocked.

Everything just seemed to come together, as all the characters became deeper and funnier. The jokes became smarter and once you really understood the motivations of people, you really understood the show.

I now watch Parks and Recreation every week and I love it. To me, Parks and Recreation has become better than The Office, in terms of quality and enjoyment. Amy Poehler is an awesome anchor in the show and pulls off the straight man routine perfectly (see: Michael Scott in The Office).

If you haven't given this show a chance for whatever reason, be sure you do. You might have to get through a few episodes (by that time you'll probably be on season two) but once you start watching, you can't stop.

1 comment:

Truck said...

Parks and Rec is the only thing I watch on the broadcast networks. My only complaint is Rob Lowe's character in this 3rd season. It's baffling how they could fix the problem with Leslie Knoppe and turn her into a real character in the second season, and then they went and made the same mistake with the Chris character.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!