Top 10 Thrillers on Netflix Streaming - March 2011

One of the reasons why I've hesitated in making a list of my Top 10 thrillers on Netflix for awhile is the fact that, it's pretty hard to differentiate what a "thriller" is.

I guess I've kind of defined "thriller" here as something that I watched with bated breath, wherein there's some sort of mystery needing to be resolved, which in turn, is the core of the story. I've tried to avoid listing movies that are more action-oriented or dramatic at their core.

So, I've listed below what I consider to be the Top 10 thrillers available on Netflix streaming, and, as always, I've only listed the available movies that I have seen. I know you're angry that I didn't list something, so tell me what it is, and maybe I can give it a try.

10. Insomnia (read the Netflix blog post here)
8. The X-Files: Fight the Future (read the Netflix streaming blog post here)
7. Shutter Island (see the Netflix blog post here)
4. Before the Devil Knows You're Dead (read the Netflix blog post here)
3. Exam (check out the Netflix streaming blog post here)

Making this list was hard.

2 comments:

InstaFlicka Podcast said...

First off, cheers for trying to make a top ten of thrillers. That could not have been easy. I agree they are hard to define.

I would add Invasion of the Body Snatchers to the list. Also, I really hate Shutter Island and Before the Devil Knows You're Dead.

Taylor said...

The thing about Shutter Island is that I really think I would have liked it more if I didn't know anything before watching. I really try hard to think of that movie as if I watched it never knowing anything about it prior to viewing, and therefore I think I would have thought it was better than I did.

(I'm not even going to try to make sense out of that sentence).

I absolutely loved Before the Devil Knows You're Dead because I truly appreciated the good acting of it. Although it really might come down to a taste thing.

I'd like to see InstaFlicka's list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!