Rock Star: Netflix Hidden Gem Surprises


Click to watch the movie on Netflix here!

Rock Star is the kind of movie you watch to completely vicariously live through the main character. If you've ever wanted to be a "rock star" this is the kind of movie for you.

This movie is about some dude (played by Mark Wahlberg), who plays in a cover band of a fictional band called Steel Dragon. The Wahlberg character loves the band, and loves it so hard that he goes out of his way to look, act, and sing exactly like the lead singer of the band.

Then one day, Steel Dragon happens to kick out the lead singer of their group, and, whaddayaknow, Marky Mark gets to audition.

You can kind of predict where it goes from here, as Wahlberg's character obviously lands the gig to satisfy the name of the movie.

With becoming a "rock star" comes a lot of backstage drama, and that's what the latter portion of the movie is centered around. Either way, it's a fun time to see what it takes to live the life of a world-renown rock star, and especially to see what it would like to land the part out of no where.

If you've ever dreamed of singing in a band or being on stage, this is exactly the movie for you, as, like I said, it gives you the chance to vicariously become a rock star version of Marky Mark. I don't really know why, but I liked this movie far more than I probably should have, and I think you might too.

3 comments:

Donna said...

I heard this was loosely based on Judas Priest, who at one point booted lead singer Rob Halford and replaced him with the singer from a Judas Priest cover band.

The reason I liked this movie was because Mark Wahlberg's character is really likable. He had his jerky moments, but in the end he basically a good guy. And there are some really funny parts, especially in the beginning with the rival Steel Dragon cover band.

Taylor said...

That's really interesting, I didn't know it was based on a true story!

InstaFlicka Podcast said...

While I believe it is true that you "liked this movie far more than I probably should have," I guess I can't really fault you.

I didn't really like this movie the first time I saw it. However, when it was recently on TV I found myself watching it. It is very watchable.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!