The Nines: Netflix Surprises


Click to stream this hidden gem on Netflix streaming here!

The Nines was one of those movies I gave a chance to a few years back, even despite the fact that I was never really a fan of Ryan Reynolds (I've discussed this before).

Nonetheless, it's another example of the fact that my predisposition on Reynold's acting doesn't always translate to the end result. This was the case when I watched The Nines, and even before Netflix streaming existed, I've been hoping it would be available to watch (and so that I may also recommend!).

The Nines is extremely difficult to describe without giving too much of the plot away. If you want to go into it without really knowing anything about it, I'd stop reading here.

Ryan Reynolds is obviously the primary actor of the movie, and, withing the film, he acts as several different roles in several different stories. The actual film is split up into three major segments, each delegating Reynolds to be the main protagonist in each of them.

This is as much as I want to say about the film, because it's fun to see how it all comes together. When watching, you might get confused as to what the heck you're watching (really, the three segments of the movie seem weirdly disconnected) but once you're through, it all makes sense.

This movie is probably not one I'd recommend to the impatient or the under-analytical readers of this Netflix blog. It's really more of a "thinking" type movie, and if that's not your cup of tea, I'd probably say you should avoid it. I thoroughly enjoyed it, though, and believe it to be a hidden gem that you should add to your Netflix Instant queue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I'll definitely return.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!