Archer: Netflix Surprises


Click to watch this streaming TV show on Netflix here!

I'd heard a lot of rumblings about some new TV show on cable/satellite called "Archer" that was new this past year. The animation looked meh, but a lot of people were saying it was pretty funny.

I saw that it was available on Netflix a couple months ago, but I was deep in another TV series at the time, so I didn't have time to watch. It recently became available again, and I have to say, I'm really surprised at how much I enjoy this show!

Archer is about the international world of espionage. The main character, Archer, is a dimwitted buffoon, but always seems to be able to play every situation perfectly. Though, he very often gets his "coworkers" in very testy situations (aka killed) by drunkenly doing something incredibly stupid.

The story works, and once I started watching the pilot, I knew I had to finish the entire series. It's very rare that I can find a comedy that legitimately and literally makes me laugh, and this is one that does so.

I'd recommend starting from the pilot and going forward from there, because the inside jokes become that much better if you fully understand the source. But the show's not entirely based on inside jokes, as it's absolutely full of one-liners that I've already started repeating outside of watching the show.

Click to add it to your Netflix Instant queue if you're in the mood for an adult-oriented cartoon that's quirky, funny, and stars Chris Parnell's voice.

6 comments:

InstaFlicka Podcast said...

I have been mulling over watching this for a while and I think you just pushed me over the edge. I will add it to the Queue.

Taylor said...

Let us know if you like it and if you do a podcast on it, InstaFlicka!

Jeremy said...

This is one of the funniest shows on TV right now. If you haven't watched it, watch it. It has a humor that parallels the Venture Brothers or South Park (in your face dark and crude humor). 2 thumbs WAY up!

Anonymous said...

This is a very funny show. The second season (airing now) is even better than the first.

Truck said...

It stars Jon Benjamin's voice...

Taylor said...

Seems like I have to note that Chris Parnell does not voice the main character in the show.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!