Freakonomics: Netflix Surprises


Click to stream this movie on Netflix here!

I'm not a big fan of documentaries, but every so often, one catches my eye. Freakonomics happened to be one that caught it, kept my attention, and made me think it to be worth recommending.

Freakonomics is based on the book with the same title. I remember it coming out a few years ago to much praise and popularity, as well as much chagrin from certain sects of people who took offense to some portions of it.

The book (of which I haven't read yet, if it's worth reading - let me know) and the movie are known for taking some everyday occurrences and stating the correlations through unbiased statistics and objective responses.

What I really liked about this film is the fact that it axiomatically described the issues contained in not only a sound way, but with a fun rhythm to it all.

The animations brought a lot to the tone and feel of everything, and really allotted to a scrupulous, tightly-knit way of explaining some very complicated things in a very short and easy to understand manner.

If this sounds like the kind of thing you'd like, whether it be understanding cheating and lying more clearly - to better understanding why we have a lower crime-rate than we did in the late '80s, then this streaming documentary might be just the thing for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey guys, i have a blog, i dont like documentaries, and i didnt read one of the top selling books of the last decade. but read my surprise review!

ODOYLE IN DA HOUSE

Nobody22 said...

The movie covers the same material as the book. However there is a sequel to the book "Super-Freakonomics" which covers new material. I didn't like it as much, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!