Chaos Theory: Netflix Surprises


Click to stream the movie on Netflix here!

I honestly can't decide what I think of Ryan Reynolds. He's in so many movies I despise, but in so many movies that I also don't hate.

Chaos Theory happens to be one of the movies I don't hate, and it's actually quite good. It took me awhile to get a good grip on the tone of the movie, but once it was set, it was a wild ride.

The movie itself is framed as a story that the Ryan Reynolds' character is telling to his daughter's fiance, starting before he and his wife were married. The point of the story is to demonstrate how quickly everything can change, for better or worse, due to even the most inconsequential of circumstances.

The circumstance that changes everything in his story has to do with a time in which Reynolds' wife set a clock in their house 10 minutes later, messing up his often tightly-scheduled day. As you might expect, this has sort of a domino effect, and some things go wrong in the process.

I enjoyed the movie and would recommend it to a lot of people out there. This is absolutely a hidden gem, splicing together comedy and drama very well. It's very enjoyable, and will keep you watching till the end.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, 30% on rottentomatoes. looks like a winner? reynolds was good in Buried.

ODOYLE RULES!!!

new rule - only recommend us "surprises" that have over 80% on RT

dino242 said...

So every movie has to pass the RT threshold? I'm glad I have similar taste to everyone there, oh wait...

I did like the movie. It was worth watching, and I agree about Reynolds.. Hit or Miss.

He does have good comedy timing.

InstaFlicka Podcast said...

Thanks for the review on this one. I had been wondering about it. I will have to give it a look, although the RT% is troubling.

Anonymous said...

guys check it out! netflixstreaming made this list

http://www.pcworld.com/article/218797/10_netflix_power_tools_optimize_your_viewing_experience.html

Taylor said...

Where are we mentioned? I don't see.

Anonymous said...

you didnt make the list, i was being mean. i actually feel bad about it today. apologies,

odoyle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!