3rd Rock from the Sun: Netflix Surprises


Click to stream the streaming TV show on Netflix here!

3rd Rock from the Sun is amazing. I'm so pumped it's now on Netflix streaming.

I was lucky enough, when I was younger, to be able to have 3rd Rock from The Sun broadcast on one of my local channels every night before I went to bed. I was able to watch it nightly, and there was nothing that I found better to calm my nerves of the day and finally get to bed.

It's funny, smart, and fun, without really getting very serious ever. The show is about a collection of aliens that have arrived on Earth, only in human form. They're not used to these types of bodies, and the first episodes are them getting used to moving and living within their new bodies.

The show itself is about learning about the funny quips of human interaction. The show is a lot like Seinfeld, wherein the show is, overall, a commentary on social taboos. 3rd Rock from the Sun takes the "aliens" and puts them in normal, everyday situations, and shows from an outsider's perspective how silly some of the things we take for granted are.

I actually did a project involving this show in a sociology class I took a few years ago. It's fun when you get to mix academia and entertainment, and it's even better when it's a show that's as absolutely awesome as 3rd Rock from the Sun.

I'd absolutely recommend it to anyone who hasn't heard of it before. I mean, come on. It has John Lithgow, Jane Curtin, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, French Stewart and more. Once you come to grips with the fact that the show isn't trying to be serious, you'll love it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love a good surprise. especially very successful tv shows that run for multiple seasons on major networks then score large syndication deals. What a shocker!

O'DIZZOYLE

Anonymous said...

Absolutely LOVE this show! Thanks for the heads up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!