Top 10 Television Shows on Netflix - January 2011

Now, I understand and accept that, writing a Netflix blog, I'm going to inevitably get a lot of flack for posting lists like this in general. Before you read my current list of the best streaming TV shows available on Netflix streaming right now, realize that I only posted television shows in which I've watched before. That being said, I have not yet watched the UK version of The Office. I get it, I need to eventually, whatever.

So here is the list, of which I'm putting links to all the very first seasons (or, in some cases, the entire series):

9. Californication (See my full blog post on it HERE!)
8. Firefly (See my full blog post on it HERE!)
2. Arrested Development (See my full blog post on it HERE!)
1. Lost

Yes, I know that LOST went incredibly downhill the last couple of seasons it was on the air, but I stand firm in my belief that the first two seasons that were primarily made by JJ Abrams are some of the best hours of television I've ever watched.

I honestly still remember vividly the emotions I had during the first two seasons, constantly wondering what could be next, and having fun discussing it with everyone I knew. And it's not just that I enjoyed the shared community experience with people, either. The show in the first couple seasons was seriously, genuinely good.

Other than that, I'd like to get some opinions on shows that I left out that you're angry I didn't put on the list. Or, what you think is wrong with the order I put these Netflix streaming TV shows in. Just know that there's always next time!

9 comments:

danger girl said...

I think you might want to check out Denis Leary's "Rescue Me". It's a really well-done show, even if all the characters are unsympathetic. It reminds me a bit of "Californication" in that way. With about the same amount of sex.

I'd put "Dexter" at number one, but then again I haven't seen "Lost".

Anonymous said...

pushing daisies. PS the trolls are getting to you, you are super defensive now in all your posts.

Jonathan said...

I would definitely put Weeds on that list. Jericho would belong too, except it got pulled from Instant :( For non-fiction series, check out This Ameican Life and Penn & Teller's Bullshit! I've also been meaning to check out Battlestar Galactica.

Anonymous said...

Eh, you got the popular stuff covered at least. Right now you can stream Louie, Party Down, Kids in the Hall, Parks and Rec S02, Damages, all the SNLs and Comedy Central presents, The State, Beavis and Butt-head, oh man Larry Sanders Show!... there are so many, nearly every time I hit next I see more great ones.

Anonymous said...

if youre weird like me you will like Whitest Kids you Know, especially season 4. Also, weeds should be #1.

Odoyle RULES!

RustyShackleford said...

I should add Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Like you were with Firefly, I was extremely skeptical, but after literally years of getting recommendations from friends and critics whose taste I usually trust, I checked it out on Netflix.

I was almost immediately hooked. With almost every episode, I was simply shocked at how good it turned out to be.

Electricity Cell said...

I'm with Anonymous, go Pushing Daisies!

InstaFlicka said...

SPARTACUS: BLOOD AND SAND as well as BATTLESTAR GALACTICA should really be on the list. Those two shows are very very good.

Anonymous said...

prison break is good..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!