Shutter Island: Netflix Surprises


Click to stream the movie on Netflix Instant here!

If there's one thing in the world that we, as movie-viewers, have realized, is that Martin Scorsese is a good director. The fact that he can put anything out now and anyone can be surprised at its overall "goodness" factor is shocking to me, but I know a lot of people were hesitant to watch this movie without being talked into it a little bit.

I'm a huge Leonardo DiCaprio fan, and when I saw that he was being teamed up with Martin Scorsese for another movie (remember that "The Departed" film? Yeah, that was pretty good), I was pretty excited for this one.

Granted, I was told something HUGE regarding the plot line, which made me on the lookout for it the entire film, and that really irked me. So, to help out those that might not have seen the film yet, I'm going to say very little about the movie.

I will say that it involves DiCaprio investigating the disappearance of a woman who escaped a mental institution for the criminally insane. The problem is that this facility is on an very small island, so where could she be?

The movie itself is a fun ride, and I know that if I went into it knowing nothing about the story I would have likely said it was one of my favorite movies released in the past year. While I had some of it spoiled, I still found it to be fantastic, as well as an overall simply beautiful movie. It's amazing to see how far Scorsese has come since his early days of film.

Now that it's available on Netflix Instant streaming, anyone who hasn't yet seen the movie needs to go out and stream it immediately! I know I'm slipping it into my queue so that I can show off the great Netflix Instant collection to some friends who are coming over this week, because I feel this is one of the finer films available through the service.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

why is this a "surprise" ? shutter island was a huge movie. and who is this unknown director, Scorsese? Surpising!!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh man, i think this Leo guy is really going places!

Taylor said...

Right, I felt like it was kind of a cop out to write about it considering how big of a movie it was. Well, let's say that it's a surprise that it's available, eh?

Anonymous said...

**spoiler alert** leo is actually a woman in this movie. he shows his lady parts in the last scene.

danger girl said...

Shutter Island is ok, but the best news this week is that Scorsese's "Goodfellas" is available to stream instantly. How Scorsese didn't win an Oscar for that one is a mystery. One of my all-time favorite movies.

Taylor said...

I planned on writing a thing about Goodfellas as well, but wondered if I'd get the same type of "this isn't a surprise" type of response for that. I guess it's probably old enough to be a surprise for younger generations though, right?

Anonymous said...

Again, I think the surprise is that Netflix has some REALLY terrific movies available for streaming, from recent Scorsese like Shutter Island to his breakout, standout, Goodfellas.

Anonymous said...

yeah guys , its so surpising that netflix is streaming good movies. who would have thought a billion dollar company run by smart people would stream good movies??? i thought they would just stream veggie tales and infomercials.

Anonymous said...

Love this movie, thanks!

Taylor said...

I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I'll try to post only stuff that people would consider "hidden gems!" (I still am not sure what really constitutes one though, even after doing a bunch of them...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!