Insomnia: Netflix Surprises


Click to add it to your Netflix queue here!

If you're anything like just about every other film-watcher, you've begun to realize the insane amount of awesomeness surrounding pretty much anything Christopher Nolan touches. Inception and The Dark Knight may have been a couple of his most recent commercial successes, but he did have a career before those two films.

Before Christopher Nolan became Christopher Nolan, I remember watching this movie and thinking that it was phenomenal. One of the things that's always immediately noticeable to me in Nolan movies is the outstanding cinematography, and this movie has plenty.

This movie stars Al Pacino as the main character. He travels to Alaska to investigate the murder of a teenage girl. In terms of plot line, I don't really want to give you any more information, for fear that it might spoil some of the film. What I will say, is that it also stars Robin Williams (one of my favorite actors) and Hilary Swank.

It's a layered investigative film, and what makes it so good is the fact that the characters are so detailed and complicated in and of themselves. I enjoyed the movie and I've watched it several times since it was first released in 2002.

If you're a fan of Al Pacino, crime investigation movies, or watching Robin Williams in a dramatic role, you'll love this movie. It's a movie I'm glad Netflix has made available so that more people can view it (all Christopher Nolan movies should be available!).

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

Meh... Frankly, I thought that this movie was WAY too slow and completely boring. Oh well. I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!