Starship Troopers: Netflix Surprises

 
Click to stream the movie on Netflix here!

Starship Troopers was one of those movies that, when I was a kid, was playing at one of my friend's houses after school one day. My friend told me that it was "awesome" and that "I had to see it," but for some reason I hadn't even heard about the movie before.

Well, he happened to be right, and this movie can be described with absolutely no better word than simply awesome.

When you really get down to it, what do you expect from an "awesome" movie? Great special effects? Check. A cool science-fiction story with aliens? Check. Overkill action? Check. Over-the-top melodramatic acting that's easily explained once you realize the movie is actually trying to be somewhat sardonic? Check.

I'm a huge fan of the computer game StarCraft (and now StarCraft II), and this movie was astounding to me, simply for the fact that the movie itself seemed like the closest thing to a StarCraft movie I could ever imagine.

But if you've never played the game, Starship Troopers is a movie about humans who are at war with an alien race that are basically bunch of overgrown spider things with big claws and stuff. For some reason, they're really smart and able to accomplish attacks on the humans (who, as displayed by the movie, are hilariously ill-equipped for life) and so it's a pretty balanced battle-field.

I'd recommend streaming this movie on Netflix if you've ever played StarCraft, enjoy sci-fi (even if it's really over-the-top sci-fi), or enjoy action movies. It's a fantastic movie AS LONG as you don't take it seriously. If you do, I can only imagine pain and suffering coming from the movie. But I enjoyed it.

6 comments:

Christopher said...

That's a kick ass recommendation. I watched this movie again a few months ago and it holds up surprisingly well. It's cheese well done.

Anonymous said...

shower scenes ftw

chengdu28 said...

Yeah, it's a pretty under-rated movie. Too bad the sequals were so terrible.

Anonymous said...

too bad sequals is spelled sequels. too bad denise richards didnt get noody for the cameras.

Anonymous said...

If you really want awesome, read the Robert Heinlein book of the same name that this movie is loosely based on.

Anonymous said...

Heinlein book awesome. Movie so bad it is almost good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!