As of today, we were very happy to discover that Netflix has announced that they will begin streaming a wide variety of ABC and Disney television shows and movies:
• Prior season episodes of current ABC hit series "Grey's Anatomy," "Desperate Housewives" and, for the first time on Netflix, "Brothers & Sisters," all of which are among the network's most successful and popular TV franchises in recent years.
• Every episode of recent ABC favorites "Lost" and "Ugly Betty," the latter making its streaming debut at Netflix.
• Each season of several hit series from ABC Studios, including "Scrubs" and "Reaper," which are both new additions to Netflix.
• A host of content from the Disney Channel, including the hits "Phineas and Ferb" and "Good Luck Charlie," which are also new to Netflix; updated and expanded offerings of "The Suite Life on Deck" and "Wizards of Waverly Place;" and library offerings from the smash hits "Hannah Montana" and "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody."
• A wide range of content from ABC Family, marking the introduction of ABC Family content streaming from Netflix. Included are the hit series "Greek," "Make It or Break It," "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" and "Melissa & Joey."
• Disney Channel and ABC Family movies such as "High School Musical," "High School Musical 2," "Camp Rock," and "Beauty & the Briefcase," as well as new releases "Avalon High," "Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam" and "Revenge of the Bridesmaids"
Although new television shows won't be available for streaming until 15 days after their broadcast, this is nonetheless a big development in the world of Netflix Watch Instant. We're very excited for the day when we no longer need to pay for cable television at all, with Netflix supplying all of our TV show needs.
I can tell you, this Netflix blogger pretty pumped to finally catch up on Scrubs episodes that I've missed!