Matchstick Men: Netflix Surprises


Click to stream the movie here!

The movie I'm recommending today is something that I turned on solely because I saw Sam Rockwell was in it. Netflix said that I'd probably like it, and to be honest, I don't hate Nicolas Cage, so I gave it a shot.

Matchstick Men was so good that I literally streamed it from Netflix the very next night. I really liked it that much.

The movie is about a character played by Nicolas Cage, a "professional" con artist who makes his living doing all sorts of cons with his partner (Sam Rockwell). I don't know what it is, but seeing "cons" take place in TV and film has always been a really fun and thrilling thing for me to watch, and this movie has plenty of them.

Nicolas Cage has a serious obsessive-compulsive disorder, which doesn't add much to my pseudo-review here, but it adds a lot to the story. But that doesn't screw up his very organized con artist lifestyle as much as discovering that he has a daughter, who also really wants to be a part of his life.

I loved the film, and it didn't surprise me at all that when looking at the credits, seeing it was directed by Ridley Scott. I rated the movie five stars on my Netflix streaming account, and to be honest, I'm thinking about streaming it again tonight after writing about it just now.

I'd absolutely recommend it if you like quirky, smart, thrilling movies. If you hate Nicolas Cage, it might be an issue, but I feel like that's an issue you should get over, because he DOES play in some fantastic movies (like this one).

1 comment:

Christopher said...

Consider it added. I've heard of it but never thought much of it. Thanks for the tip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!