The Goods is Horrible - My First Really Bad Netflix Surprise

Horrible. 

Well, I finally have a negative surprise to discuss that I found within a movie on Netflix.

First off, most of the films I watch on Netflix, I at least have some sort of background regarding. I usually check out Rotten Tomatoes to gauge whether or not the climate (it’s a metaphor, see!) is suggesting the movie is worth my two hours or not.

A lot of people don’t like to do this type of thing, because whether or not you want to, you inevitably place expectations onto the movie. If a majority of reviewers are stating that they believe the movie is amazing, it’s never going to live up to the hype. If reviewers are saying the movie is awful (or “rotten”), then you’re likely to think the movie was pretty good – or at least better than you thought it might be.

I usually do this, but not for this movie. When I see that a cast is stacked with a bunch of comedians I like, I expect it to be a little funny. Anything with Will Ferrell as the lead follows this rule, insofar as each of his movies have an aspect of enjoy-ability (not a word). Most Ben Stiller movies follow this rule too, no matter how stupid the film gets.

But not this movie. I’m an Entourage fan, but even I couldn’t stand Jeremy Piven in this movie (his charismatic character is pretty much the best part of Entourage, or at least it used to be before Entourage got all serious boring). Jeremy Piven in a charismatic comedic role just doesn’t work, and this movie proved it.

Don’t get me wrong, I was on the verge of smiling a few times in this movie, but for the most part, I kept turning on my Wii-mote and waving it in front of the TV to see how much time could possibly be left in the movie.

If you haven’t seen the movie and this is the first you’ve heard of it, watching it now might be awesome. I wish I had gotten some sort of hint of how bad the movie was before watching, because then I might have found it enjoyable. I really don’t like writing negative things about movies, but this is one case where I had very high hopes for a movie and it was NOTHING like I expected.

It’s available for streaming on Netflix, so if you are really aching to watch a movie that could have been awesome but didn’t turn out very well, go ahead and add it to your Instant Queue. But be warned, there are a lot of other better streaming movies to choose from. I'm just seriously pissed I wasted time on this movie.

Click to stream the movie here.

2 comments:

Jeremy Masten said...

No, no, my friend. This one: Beautiful (Dean O'Flaherty 2009). Or this one: Life Without Dick (Bix Skahill 2002). I entered them as blindly as you entered The Goods. Terrible, terrible, terrible mistakes.

Richard said...

I agree with you, this is a terrible movie.

Here's another one for you. I watched "The 50 Worst Movies Ever Made", and it deserves a spot on it's own list. It is God awful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!