Top 10 Best Sci-Fi Movies on Netflix Streaming - October 2010

We're pretty big sci-fi geeks, so when I want some good science fiction, Netflix is a really good outlet for that need. Here's the list of what we consider to be the current best sci-fi movies streaming on Netflix Watch Instant right now. All of these have been in our Instant Queue within the last year, and we recommend that if you like sci-fi to check them out!

10. The X-Files: Fight the Future
9. Starship Troopers
8. Signs
7. District 9
6. Contact
5. Independence Day
4. Moon
3. Star Trek (the J.J. Abrams version)
2. Aliens: Collector's Edition
1. Terminator 2: Judgment Day

6 comments:

Becky said...

I've seen all of those except Starship Troopers. District 9 gave me motion sickness, so I had to leave the theater halfway through. I need to give it another chance.

Taylor said...

Hi Becky! I can understand the District 9 motion sickness issue (even though I never had the problem) but it's still just such a great movie. I really felt like the filming style was done in a way to find the perfect mix between the "reality TV" style and "action movie" style. It made the whole thing feel really "real" to me.

Taylor Davis said...

I heard that if you have those feeling in a movie theater, you can chew on candied ginger and it will help quell those feelings. I haven't tried it and I don't own a candied ginger conglomerate but it's worth a shot to get through District 9.

Jonathan said...

T2? Yech. Doesn't hold a candle to T1 (unfortunately not available Instant). And while Aliens is way better than Alien, it's still too hackneyed. I would definitely add Serenity, the original Planet of the Apes, The Day The Earth Stood Still, and Blade Runner (even if only the Theatrical Cut is available). Get a few classics in that list!

Taylor said...

My "current favorites," especially in terms of science fiction (I'm a huge sci-fi nut) seem to change a lot, so you can be sure you'll see this list change monthly!

Nicole said...

The Man from Earth is also a really good one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!