Netflix Surprises: Dead Snow

Click to watch here!

Just like The Orphanage, Dead Snow is one of those foreign, have-to-read-English-subtitles flicks that you normally wouldn't stream (if it wasn't for weirdos like me who actually watched it already didn't tell you to).

If you're a fan of zombie movies, Dead Snow is a must-stream. Like I've said before, I'm a big fan of horror flicks and scary movies, so I decided to give this one a chance. Amazingly, this movie about Nazi zombies turned out to be absolutely awesome.

My favorite part about this movie was the plethora of references to the historic scary movie The Evil Dead. When I first watched this movie about a year ago, I had also only very recently seen the classic Evil Dead, so it was really fresh in my memory.

It starts with really small references (commonplace themes in scary movies like the fact that the movie takes place in a claustrophobic setting) but then goes into detailed references like.. actually I don't want to tell you, it's too exciting when it happens. When I was watching Dead Snow, I had The Evil Dead in my mind, and all these "references" I keep mentioning really made the movie that much more enjoyable, so if you haven't seen that film, I'd recommend seeing that first (and hey, it's available on Netflix streaming!)

Evil, dead, Nazi Zombies. How can it go wrong?
Just beware that it's pretty gory.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us!